Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hello, and welcome...



Hello. My name is Devon. I am at time of writing, 25 years old. Among many things, I (obviously) adore film and cinema. So I've decided to write about it. That's the simple version, anyway. If you're here and actually reading this, you're looking for a lot more than just a few cheeky sentences, so let me explain a little about me.

I was born and raised in Florida. I studied film and media at Sir John Deane's College in Northwich, Cheshire, UK. I really appreciate films for the art form they can be, and not just the entertainment value of an hour or two of your life time. Films can send you to another place, take you out of reality for that period of time. They can also make you want to jump out of the nearest window and get hit by a truck. Regardless of what I thought about it, I'll share it here.

One of the main reasons I've started this lately is to disagree with mainstream critics. How often do you go and see a movie and think to yourself how much you enjoyed it then get home and watch some big-wig critic absolutely slam the film because of this and that when it has nothing to do with the movie? Well I'm here to give a more down to earth person's opinion on the films I've seen. So enough about me for now, I hope you enjoy my reviews. Please leave me comments and share this blog with your friends. If you like it, post it on your facebook/twitter/whatever. If you loathe it, post it twice as many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment